As many of you know, Jolly Cow Slender milk has tested positive for Melamine. Only the “slender” product tested positive–Jolly Cow Fresh milk has apparently tested negative. Fly Ace (the Philippines distributor) has pulled all Jolly Cow Slender from shelves and is only selling New Zealand products. You can read their official statement here.
That makes three brands which have tested positive, but the other two were illegally smuggled into the Philippines.
I actually drank some of that before-mentioned milk a few weeks ago. I didn’t have any problems, other than a third arm which mysteriously sprouted between my shoulders (yes, that’s a joke).
We do need to test everything for Melamine, but I want to put things in perspective:
*Protecting children (especially infants) needs to be the main concern. They drink more milk relative to body mass, and they have smaller (and thus more vulnerable) kidneys.
*The brand I drank tested 4 parts per million. Some of the tainted products in China tested 6,196 parts per million.
Looking for safe milk products for your children? Here are the ones that have tested negative for melamine.
1. Anmum Materna Milk Powder Chocolate Flavor (400g)
2. Bear Brand Choco (300g)
3. Bear Brand Sterilized Milk (200ml)
4. Cadbury Choclairs
5. Carnation Calcium Plus Non-fat Milk Powder
6. Klim Instant Full Cream Milk Powder
7. Milk Chocolate Bar (40g)
8. Monmilk Breakfast Milk Walnut Milk Beverage
9. Monmilk Hi-calcium Low fat milk (1L)
10. Monmilk Deluxe Pure Milk
11. Nestle Chocolate Flavor Ice cream
12. Nestle Dairy Farm Pure Milk
13. Nestle Fresh Milk (1L)
14. Nestle Kitkat
15. Nestle Milk chocolate (40g)
16. Nestle Pops Ice cream
17. Nestle Vanilla Flavor Ice cream
18. Nestogen 1 DHA
19. Nesvita Cereal Milk Drink
20. Blue Tree Express Milk Drink or Green Apple Flavor (500ml)
21. Prime Roast Instant Nutritious Cereal (28g)
More from my site